The Lifeway material for Exodus (Explore the Bible materials) outlines Exodus as follows:
Unit 1: Design for Redemption
- Compassionate Action (Exodus 1:1-4:31)
- Divine Purpose (Exodus 5:1-10:29)
- Amazing Deliverance (Exodus 11:1-13:16)
- Persevering Faith (Exodus 13:17-15:21)
- Tested Devotion (Exodus 15:22-18:27)
Unit 2: Design for Relationship
- What Are Your Ground Rules (Exodus 19:1-24:18)
- Why Do You Worship (Exodus 25:1-31:18)
- What If You Falter? (Exodus 32:1-34:35)
- How Do You Contribute? (Exodus 35:1-40:38)
To comment briefly, these are large divisions. I hope those using this outline will read the entire book of Exodus and not allow the tight schedule to rush them through a great read of a great story. The titles, especially in unit 2, can be a little misleading as they tend to be focused on us and ‘application’-heavy. The book of Exodus is mainly about Jesus Christ and His work (Luke 24:27) and then about a physical salvation out of servitude to an oppressive power and into servitude to a loving, gracious, and giving God and the worship of such a deserving and perfect Master.
In the next introduction post I’ll put forward some other outlines that are helpful.